Tuesday, January 4, 2011

what a bandaid can't cure

you know, i like being with new people...
I like meeting new people, it's awesome fun, and always a brand new experience. one i like to believe that i'm quite good at...
i think i'm okay with the whole "out of your comfort zone" thing... I don't think i'm one who says no often to new things... unless they are potentially dangerous... (remembers 4xW driving with James and the gang) well, most of the time, anyway!

i am amazed at how much people grow.
i'm amazed at how sometimes i can talk to a 14 year old and completely forget the fact that she's younger than me... (yeah bethany, i'm talking about you!)
I'm amazed that now, i go out with 18 and 19 year olds and not feel like a baby... like i might be able to be a part of them...
but what also scares me a little is talking to someone who's my age, if not older than me, and thinking that they're much younger than me even though i know in my head how old they are... they just make you forget sometimes... with the things that they say and the things that they do.

i have no idea how people like that deal with difficult situations in life...
but it mustn't be the right way... and the outcome wouldn't really be a good one would it?

i don't know... but i'd kinda like to witness that in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment