Thursday, November 11, 2010

today, i sat in front of you and i asked you.
you told me things most people probably don't know.
(but then, most people don't ask)
you lent me a hand to understand the way you are.
i had tears in my eyes as you told me about your dad.
but you were too busy to see me cry.

i hurt for you.

and now, all i want to do is take you home with me.
cuddle up to a movie.
bake you a cake. (whichever one you like best)
tuck you into bed, sing a lullaby over your dreams.
i want to hug you and hold you, let you know you're never alone.
make you breakfast in the morning.
french toast like you like it best. (of course, not too much cinnamon)
i want to look down at your hands and run my fingers over all the scars you have there.
over all the times you've worked hard, all the times you've been clumsy, and all the times you got angry.

i want to make you feel secure in the idea that i'm a friend that will always be there.
that i'm someone you can always count on.
because i think there's a part of my heart that belongs to you.

to comfort you.

No comments:

Post a Comment