Monday, December 20, 2010

so far...

Portugal has already been far more exciting than Brazil... and I mean GOOD excitement...
even with the whole luggage thing, I've had a better day so far than my whole two week stay with family.

Am staying with dear friends Theo and Suzy and they have two really cute kids!!!
today they had a Sunday barbecue with family and friends... kinda like we used to have when I lived here.
As usual, of course, I hung with the men :P
outside, we talked about Harley Davidsons, Meat, Dogs, Women, Marriage, Weddings, and decorations... hehehe

Later on in the day, I watched Man From The Snowy River with Theo's parents and I was surprised at how good an Australian film could be... WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FILM INDUSTRY!!??!?!
Came upstairs afterwards and went outside with Theo, Albert, and Tiago (ADORABLE LITTLE ALMOST-THREE-YEAR-OLD!!!) and we had another go at the barbecue.
Then gathered around the table to eat dinner and Tiago said he was going to sit at the table "next to Ana Vicky"... to be honest, I almost awwwwwed myself to death.
Dinner was also very satisfying, as was lunch.
Talked to Bianca (14, though you wouldn't really say it... she's quite mature, you see.) and we had a fun time... also, boys are silly!
I convinced her to sleep over and so YAY!!!

Now, onto the rant I had planned... Tattoos:
In Brazil, I saw SO many girls with tattoos, and I must say, if you want a tattoo done nicely, DON'T get it done in Brazil. THEY'RE SO UGLY!! The actual pictures are ugly and then the lines are waaay too thick.
Anyway, I saw this woman... kinda old... with awful legs. Tanned, wrinkled, and it looked like her legs had been lyposuctioned but she was yet to get a surgery to get rid of all the extra skin. IT WAS GROSS!!
But it got me thinking: what happen to tattoos when you get old?
This woman had a tattoo on her calf... I think it was meant to be a koi fish... or a lotus flower. You could seriously NOT make out what this tattoo was meant to be!!
This woman must've been like 60... seriously! But it's not like she was ashamed or anything... SHE WAS WEARING A TINY LITTLE DENIM MINISKIRT!!!!! also, SCARY THIGHS!!
It was so gross, you just couldn't look away... like some sort of disgusting fungus or something.
Anyway, if someone gets a tattoo, it's permanent... and it hurts... and you get addicted once you get one done.
To get it off, you have to do a surgery with lasers that hurts SO much more!!!
When you're old, tattoos look very strange and weird!!
On holidays, for fun, do Henna!! That's always fun! and it comes off! Or airbrushed tattoos...
I don't know... Or find a place on your body that doesn't show all the time, or doesn't age much...
It's SO MUCH HARDER FOR WOMEN!! anyway.
end of rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment